CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Look Out for Joshua D on the Pro Rodeo Circuit...

The Wild Horse Race was the event. If you don't know what this event intales, look on you tube under wild horse race, you will see. But I will give you a brief description:

FIRST...You have a 3 man team...I prefer to highlight number 170...He is looking great and ready for the action, out side the Prescott 4th of July Rodeo. He is entered up in the event for the first time, in what just happens to be one of the most popular rodeos of the year. And he drove his rodeo truck...

NEXT...there are 8 teams of 3. Each team has 1 wild bronc horse. The team has 3 jobs. man #1-holds onto the rope on the broncs halter. man #2 is called MUGGER...(Josh). man #3 has to saddle the horse while the mugger holds/contains the horse by trying to hold him still with his bare hands. Then the rider has to get on the bronc, and ride him to the other end of the arena, trying to "steer: the bucking hourse in between the fence and a barrel. All 8 teams and their broncs are let out at the same time, so it is basically mass confusion...Here they are getting ready...

Here is the action...Josh held the horse like it was no body's business...then the rider went to the end, the horse was bucking so hard that the rider couldn't get him on the correct side of the barrel. They took 2nd, because of that, but they were by far the fastest...Josh is the one holding the horses head.



He had a great time, and has had many offers to be on others teams, they were all so impressed that it was his first time, they didn't even believe him...I think he really has a future... Look for the 3 man team of Clint Lilly, Brady Peters, and Josh Smart, at the upcoming summer rodeos. THey will be an UNSTOPPABLE team...

3 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

This reminds me of when Rob and Big went to the mini horse rodeo. wow.

Train Wreck said...

Awesome! How much fun did he have!! I am so glad you blog!! I actually know you!! Hey are you guys comin to our paartah!!! I hope so! I made that Texas sheet cake from the PW page, YUM it is sooo good! I will most likely make another one for the party!! C'mon you know you want to try it!! I can give you your disk then too!! Hey I have no problem bribing !

Train Wreck said...

Hey! Little Missy! I missed you at our partay! I have your CD with the pictures I took. I think we are comin this weekend to finish branding our cows. I will just bring it with me. Hope all is well at the Smart Home!