CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

JOURNALING THE "SMART" ANIMALS OF 2008

OK HERE WE GO....so if you know us, you know we go through amimals like underwear. I have been thinking back over all the dogs this year. It started out with a fun trip to Texas where we bought- for $500, 2 catahoula puppies. PETE and Junior. (not pictured) these dogs must have been bred way to tight, because they were seriously retarded. You couldn't come within 10 feet of them, ever. Pete wound up missing when we came from the valley one weekend, and Junior stayed with our old house because we couldn't catch him. Tell was also a nice border collie that stayed with the Vernon house. Also not pictured were the hounds that didn't make it through 2008-..Punkin a great lion dog, got killed by a lion this year. Ellish was killed by a bear, Poe hung himself, Naturita died having puppies, Shack Nasty died of old age, Cobb got killed by a snake, and Bones a bear dog: was traded for Belle -a lion dog..


Then I bought Josh 2 nice cow dogs for his Birthday, Miss B and Tap He really liked them, until someone told him they thought their mama was a chow, then he gave them away.



Next, we got Ben from David, one of Josh's moms neighbors, he is a cow dog see below. We had him until last week. He really annoys the neighborhood, so Josh took him to the ranch. 2 days after that we got a call from a lady who found him at SENECA!! He was headed home..she has him and said she will return him next week when she comes back this way. She lives in Tucson





Then there was Black Betty Bilamdilam. Finally, Kallie got her own dog. She loved black betty. According to Kallie was the best dog ever!! Until I ran her over on accident -taking the babysitter home one night. The next day at church she gave me this note:



Translation: it is all right (are rit) that you run over my dog. Love you



This is Milo #1. We found him at the ranch, and told Cade that if he would not have any accidents, he could take him home-which is a major stretch for me because I HATE CATS!! He had about 5 accidents that weekend, so we didn't bring Milo #1 home, and the next time we went to the ranch, he was no where to be found.





This is OTIS he is a Black Mouth Curr that came from the church ranch in Florida. As far as I know to date, this dog is alive and well, at the ranch with Josh for the week. The dog in the background is Chewy, our main cow dog at the ranch.







EVERYONE KNOWS ROXY... she has been our dog for almost 8 years. Allison gave her to Colton his first Christmas. About 2 weeks ago, she came up missing. We are so sad. She was the best dog. We think she has either been hit by a car, or got in a fight with a coyote. She wouldn't go or stay with a stranger. We love her. SHe always made us feel so safe and protected. And she was a freak about finding and killing mice. But she hated Cats more than me.








Since Roxy is gone, 2 things happened.. Colton got a new dog named Sammy a girl, she is the same kind of dog that Pate was- he was our dog for along time, about 9 years. Josh had him from just a puppy-a girl gave him the dog to ask him to prom, and he died about 4 years ago, from kidney failure. When he was a puppy, he got parvo, Josh's dad gave him a blessing and he lived. He went everywhere with Josh. One time he stole the mexican workers lunch at the job. The guy freaked out, and Pate came back having convulsions. Josh took him to the vet and he had to get his stomach pumped, because he had swallowed over an ounce of cocaine that the guy had in his lunch bag!! He would make his way from Josh's house (lindsay and warner) to Brady's house (greenfield and elliot) everytime Josh left him at home, and didn't take him. anyway- he was 1/2 queensland heeler and 1/2 austrailian shepard, and that is what Sammy is

I got a free cat at Kmart last week for Kallie to make up for killing Black Betty, hehis name is Milo #2 and hopefully he will kill the mice since Roxy is gone.







9 comments:

ann said...

I had no idea you guys had that many, pets! I guess we've only known a handful. Thanks for the cookies and the cookie dough the other day, so good! You are awesome, and we'd love to have you guys as neighbors forever. Cade tells me everytime he comes over that he has new boots on, I love it!

David & Colleen said...

I LOVE Sammy...I almost stole her the other night...but I knew David would kill me. If we had a fenced in yard, and I didn't work so much I would have taken her. Seriously...:o)

Fire Family said...

You sound like us with animals!!! :) It's fun tho... they're always so cute when they're little.... then they grow up!!

Just making sure in case you didn't read my comment after yours (on my blog) yes of course you can do it too!! Just share your stories with me too!! :)

Love ya all!

Wyatts said...

I don't know how you remember each ones name and what breed they are and so on. Wow! Also does this mean Ben's coming back here?? I'm so looking forward to that. J/K

Turleygirl said...

WOW! is all I can say.

Anonymous said...

Misty.
you left the three best dogs out.
tink, whinnie, and JAY JAY gosh!
you better fix that! hahaha

Love you,
Bailee

ann said...

Love the stories you left on my blog. And if the invatation still stands, we love to eat over on sunday, let me know what you want me to bring. We are leaving for the weekend tonight, but we'll be back sat night.

Unknown said...

OK those were 2008?... That is crazy, yeah we have animals but that is a lot of dogs. You are a very patient wife and mom.

Anonymous said...

dog killers someone should report you to the animal protective services peace out